Join Dinner Elf!
WHO WE WANT
We’re seeking applications from professionally trained cooks who:
- are passionate about scratch cooking
- are type A, organized and dependable
- pride themselves on delivering excellent customer service
- want a meaningful job that helps people eat better and have more time.
We’re highly selective. To be a Dinner Elf, you have to be a great cook and a great people person. If this describes you, read on.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
A customer books an appointment. You get a shopping list and recipes. Then shop, cook in the customer’s kitchen, and clean up. Focus on what you love most: cooking.
WHAT WE DO
Dinner Elf provides customers, scheduling, payments, grocery lists, recipes, marketing materials, insurance, and support for you and your customers.
You’re paid a flat fee per appointment (plus tips) and reimbursed for all ingredient costs. Elves typically make $15-$20/hour.
As an independent contractor on the Dinner Elf platform, you pick the days and times that you want to work. Our busiest days are Sun, Mon, and Tues.
You select your preferred zip codes where you want appointments. We are currently accepting applications for the following markets:
- San Antonio, TX (service beginning 2/26/18)
- Austin, TX (currently serving)
Your customers are typically busy families with disposable income who want better food and more time in their days.
- 18 years of age or older
- Formal culinary training and/or professional cooking experience
- Passing of a background check
- Dedicated car (with valid driver’s license and auto insurance) and smartphone
- Available for a minimum of 5 regular shifts/week (~ 3 hour each)
- Organized and efficient in the kitchen
- Focus on customer service